PREVENTIVE MEASURES ON ACCESS TO PUBLIC PROCUREMENT REGULATORY AUTHORITY SERVICES DUE TO COVID-19 PANDEMIC
Following the Presidential address to the Nation on preventive measures against COVID-19 issued on 26th March 2021, Public Procurement Regulatory Authority (PPRA) has implemented protocols to ensure the health and safety of its members of staff and stakeholders.
As part of our precautions, the Authority’s has scaled down its operations in all its offices, with members of staff working from home for the next fourteen (14) days.
Until the pandemic is contained, the following preventive measures shall apply at all PPRA offices
- All face to face customer services have been suspended.
- Trainings and technical support interventions with stakeholders through physical contacts have been suspended.
- No visitors shall be allowed at PPRA offices unless in exceptional circumstances.
- We shall not be able to receive physical reports and letters. Such should be scanned and emailed to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org respectively.
- Conduct of reviews at the Public Procurement Administrative Review Board (PPARB) shall be undertaken as per issued guidelines vide Circular No.2 PPRA/ARB/01.Vol.2 (114) available on http://ppra.go.ke/circulars/ and our social media platforms.
- PPARB registry will be open on Monday to Friday from 9.00 am to 3.00pm.
How to reach us
In a bid to serve you during this period, we request our esteemed stakeholders to access our services or reach us, only through the following available platforms:-
- Email: email@example.com; and firstname.lastname@example.org
- Social media: Facebook ( PPRAKenya) and Twitter (PPRAKenya)
- Website: ppra.go.ke
We would also like to remind our customers to practice social distancing and good personal hygiene to mitigate the spread of the virus.
Ms. Pauline Opiyo